Josh Shashaty – Managing Multiple Sites The Right Way
There are a variety of companies that offer WordPress management, but what if you want to do it yourself? Josh will cover techniques that anyone can use to manage multiple websites without letting any fall through the cracks.
Josh discussed a variety of web services to manage sites, a selection of which are listed below:
- MainWP – WordPress Management
- Manage WP – WordPress Management
- Ghost Inspector – Automated Testing
- BackstopJS – (GitHub) Automated Testing
- Selenium – Browser Automation
- CasperJS – Browser Automation
- PhantomJS – Headless Browser Testing
- Wraith – Screenshot Comparison
- SiteSpeed.IO – Website Performance
- Stream – WordPress Admin Logging Plugin
- SpeedCurve – Continuous Speed Testing
- Pantheon – High Performance, Developer Friendly Hosting
- New Relic – Site Performance and Monitoring
- CircleCI – Continuous Integration Tools
- Kalabox – Local WordPress Development
David Laietta – Setting Up New Development Sites in a Flash!
David will show how he uses Vagrant, VVV, VV (Yes, those are three separate things), Blueprints, and Alfred to start up new development sites. It sounds like a lot of work, and it can require a lot of forethought, but it also makes it easy to create fully set up sites, ready for content, in just a few seconds.
All of the tools that David uses will be listed and available to freely download, and he will suggest alternatives for different staging environments. If you make sites for other people, don’t let the jargon scare you! Come learn to automate new client setup!
The talk given has some notes that can be followed after reviewing the slide deck below. Check out this article about getting started with the VVV, VV, and WP-CLI automation, then see a sample bash script written with this idea in mind.
Leave a Reply